Quick Fruit Ideas
Published June 16, 2010 10:16
According to the Dietetic Association's around the world, we each need to have about two cups/two servings of fruit every day. Tennis players need even more because of the training diet requiring more carbohydrate based fuels. Most standard serves of fruit equal 20g of carbohydrates. Learn practical ways to work these choices into your daily menu. Here are some tips for eating more fruit!
• Choose fruit juices as a beverage with meals and snacks
• Snack on 100% dried fruit or fruit leathers
• Have a fruit smoothie
• Add berries or cut-up fruit to breakfast cereal and oatmeal
• Take a convenient fruit (like a banana or an apple) or a fruit cup with you as a snack
• Try trail mix with dried fruit in it
• Cut up fruit so it's ready to eat (like watermelon, cantaloupe, peaches, guava, etc.)
• Incorporate fruit into each meal
• Add a fruit-based dessert to a meal, like strawberry shortcake, fruit puddings or low fat yogurt with mixed berries on top
Here are some of the best choices of nutrient-dense fruit:
Pink or red grapefruit
The contents of the Game, Set, Health site, are for informational purposes only and should not be treated as medical, psychiatric, psychological, health care or health management advice. The materials herein are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this site. Reliance on any information provided herein is solely at your own risk.