- From For The Win: 17 facts that show how tennis has transformed over the years.
- Here's your Serena Stat of the Day:
? WTA Insider (@WTA_insider) August 21, 2015
"I'm usually starting in Stanford rusty, and I get through a lot of matches, three sets, and finally I usually able to go deep in Stanford. Then by the time I play the next tournament I'm a little better. As time gets on, I get better and better. Yeah, I just didn't kick that rust off this year."
- Ana Ivanovic has been without her coach, Nigel Sears all week in Cincinnati. He is coming stateside on Sunday.
- Victoria Azarenka was forced to retire in her third round match on Thursday due to a upper left leg injury, which she picked up a few days before the tournament. Azarenka said the back-to-back matches after a late night match didn't give her time to recover:
"I'm not too worried about my game at the moment. I just need to take care of this thing. I don't think it's going to be a big deal, but it's definitely something I have to manage. You know, just reset my mind. I have been having some of the issues the last couple of weeks, but nothing that I can't overcome. I'm going to be ready for the Open."
- Hola, Garbiñe Muguruza!
? ELLE España (@elle_es) August 21, 2015
- Who doesn't love Jelena Jankovic?