Angelique Kerber racked up the most prize money of any WTA player during 2016, and she did so in historic fashion.
Here are the Top 10 prize money leaders in 2016:
10. Svetlana Kuznetsova - $2,396,479
9. Petra Kvitova - $2,500,516
8. Victoria Azarenka - $2,651,080
7. Garbiñe Muguruza - $3,903,388
6. Dominika Cibulkova - $3,940,433
5. Karolina Pliskova - $3,976,093
4. Agnieszka Radwanska - $4,162,193
3. Simona Halep - $4,333,253
2. Serena Williams - $7,675,030
And the WTA's prize money leader for 2016 is?
1. Angelique Kerber - $10,136,615
Angelique Kerber's rise to the top of the rankings ended Serena Williams' record-tying weeks at World No.1, but that wasn't the only streak that Kerber dashed this year. As a result of the German's year-long dominance, she unseated Williams as the WTA's prize money leader, a spot she'd held since 2013.
Even more impressive, Kerber became the second player ever to pass the $10 million prize money mark in a single season.