|Age||47 (05 Nov 1969)|
|Height||5'11" (1.80 m)|
|Career Prize Money||$579,168|
|YTD Prize Money|
|Birthplace||Fontana, California, USA|
|Current Singles Ranking||Current Doubles Ranking|
Both parents are from Germany; mother, Barbel, is a housewife; father, Hans, is a veterinarian; has one brother, Mark...Graduated from San Gorgonio High School in 1987...Likes the outdoors, music and movies... Enjoys cooking, reading and shopping...Lists green as favorite color...Did modeling on the side.
• Received 1986 WTA Most Impressive Newcomer Award; voted TENNIS Magazine 1986 Rookie of the Year
• Recipient of 1991 WTA Comeback Player of the Year Award
• Ranked No. 1 in every age group as a Junior (12s, 14s, 16s, 18s)
• First player to receive a dual No. 1 ranking in 14s and 16s (1983)
• Ranked No. 1 in 18s for 1984 with Melissa Gurney, No. 1 for 1985
• In 1984, was a member of the United States Junior Wightman Cup Team and United States Continental Players Cup Team
Winner (5 WTA Tour): 1992 - ITF/Norfolk, VA-USA; 1988 - Taipei, San Diego; 1987 - Puerto Rico; 1985 - Salt Lake City, Tampa.
Winner (2): 1992 - Indian Wells (w/Kohde-Kilsch); 1991 - Strasbourg (w/McNeil).
United States Wightman Cup Team 1986.
1982 - Youngest player, at 13 years and one month, to compete in a Virginia Slims Series event at Championship level
1983 - Youngest player to be ranked on computer, coming on at 13 years, two months in Jan., two months younger than Graf
1985 - Upset Benjamin to win Utah for first pro title, not l. a set throughout tournament; two months later d. Torres, Bassett Seguso and Sabatini to capture Tampa title
1989 - Unable to play due to a back injury which required surgery and extensive rehabilitation
1990 - At Los Angeles, in only second appearance of year, d. G. Fernandez in 2r and Sabatini in 3r before losing to MJ Fernandez in QF