Dianne Fromholtz (Balestrat)
|Age||60 (10 Aug 1956)|
|Height||5' 5"' (1.65 m)|
|Career Prize Money||$1,145,377|
|YTD Prize Money|
|Current Singles Ranking||Current Doubles Ranking|
Started playing at age 7; turned pro at age 16 ... Married French boat designer Claude Balestrat in 1986 (nee Fromholtz) ... Now a professional coach specializing in junior players at her tennis club in Melbourne.
Winner (15): 1979 - Boston; 1978 - Sydney [Dec 4], Sydney [Dec 18]; 1976 - Tallahassee, Sydney; 1974 - Phoenix, Dallas, Glasgow, Sacramento; 1973 - Guildford, Chichester, Beckenham, Istanbul, Sydney, Hobart.
Winner (6): 1979 - Vienna (w/Kruger); 1977 - Australian Open (w/Gourlay); 1976 - Tallahassee (w/Anthony); 1975 - Hamburg (w/Tomanova); 1974 - Phoenix (w/Young); 1973 - Newport (w/Heldman).
Australian Fed Cup Team 1974-83.
- Career-high was No.4 (March 1979).
- Had four Top 10 finishes (No.5 in 1976, No.8 in 1977, No.10 in 1978 and No.6 in 1979).
- Best Grand Slam result was one final at 1977 Australian Open [Jan] (l. to Melville Reid).
- Also four-time Grand Slam semifinalist (1976 Australian Open, 1976 US Open, 1979 French Open and 1980 French Open) and five-time Grand Slam quarterfinalist (1973 Australian Open, 1979 Australian Open, 1979 US Open, 1981 Australian Open and 1987 Wimbledon).
- Had wins over Evert, Navratilova, King, Turnbull, Goolagong, Court, Wade, Shriver, Barker, Gadusek, Sabatini and Lindqvist (had a winning 8-7 record against King and three wins over Navratilova).
- One-time Grand Slam doubles champion at 1977 Australian Open (w/Gourlay).
- One-time Grand Slam mixed doubles finalist at 1980 Wimbledon (w/Edmonson - l. to Austin/Austin).
- Represented Australia for 10 straight years in Fed Cup from 1974 to 1983 (33-11 record).
- Off the tour in 1979-1980 part time due to car accident; also retired in 1983 but after 15 months out came back without a ranking and made it back through WCs and going through qualifying.