|Age||49 (09 Oct 1967)|
|Career Prize Money||$687,862|
|YTD Prize Money|
|Current Singles Ranking||Current Doubles Ranking|
Married U.S. Davis Cup doubles standout Robert Seguso on October 17, 1987 in Toronto...Had a baby boy named Holden John on March 14, 1988...Father, John, who passed away on May 14, 1986, played on 1959 Canadian Davis Cup Team; owned the Tampa Bay Bandits of the United States Football League; his family was part owner of the Toronto Maple Leafs of the National Hockey League, the Birmingham Bulls of the World Hockey Association and later the Toronto Toros of the WHA; he owned a film company called Amulet Pictures which produced Spring Fever, a tennis film starring Carling, fellow tour player Shawn Foltz, Susan Anton, Jessica Walter and Frank Converse...Has two sisters and a brother, Heidi, Vicky and John...Carling was given her mother Susan's maiden name as a first name...Susan's family founded Carling Brewery, which they have since sold...Was formerly a model for the prestigious Ford Agency in New York.
• Nominated for 1990 WTA Comeback Player of the Year
• Appeared in the 1985, 1986 and 1988 Lipton/WTA calendars
• Canada's Female Athlete of the Year for 1985 and 1983
• Named WTA Most Impressive Newcomer for 1983
• Finished sixth on ITF junior point standings in 1981, at 14, the youngest player in the world junior Top 10; ranked No. 2 for 1982
Winner: 1987 - Strasbourg; 1983 - Pennsylvania.
Winner: 1985 - Tampa (w/Sabatini), 1984 - Tampa (w/Smylie).
Canadian Olympic Team 1988. Canadian Fed Cup Team 1982-87.
1983 - Extended Evert to 7-5 in the third set at 1983 WTA Championships, d. Ruzici, Pfaff, Bunge and Rinaldi en route to the final
1984 - Reached SF of a Grand Slam for first time at US Open, d. Mandlikova 64 6
1986 - Missed several tournaments at end of season due to a right thumb injury sustained while lifting weights, then suffered tendonitis in the same thumb several weeks later
1989 - Unseeded, upset No. 8 seed Balestrat 62 16 63 in 2r at Oklahoma City before ret. in QF 62 46 44 to No. 3 seed Reggi due to a twisted ankle
1990 - Best singles performance was at Amelia Island where she passed two seeds, Cecchini and Ferrando, before falling to Graf 64 64 in QF; jumped 454 spots to No. 166 on the rankings following this performance
* Defeated Sandra Cecchini 6-4, 6-3 to capture 1987 Strasbourg singles title, her first since winning Pennsylvania in 1983; defeated Maria Lindstrom, Akiko Kijimuta, Virginia Ruzici and Nathalie Tauziat en route to final