More on Bedanova...
Given name is Daniela, nickname is Daja ... Father is Jan; mother is Alena; sister is Lucka (entire family plays tennis) ... Married ATP player Jan Hajek in April 2010 ... Enjoys music, movies, travelling, watching ice hockey and skiing ... Has known Martina Hingis since they were young girls.
Winner (1): 2000 - Bratislava, ITF/Rockford-USA.
Winner (1): 2001 - Bratislava (w/Bovina), ITF/Vaihingen-GER (w/Martincova); 1998 - ITF/Biel 3-SUI (w/Steinbach).
Finalist (1): 2002 - Canberra (w/Safina).
Czech Fed Cup Team, 1998, 2000, 2003; Czech Olympic Team, 2000.
Career in Review
- Played first event of career at ITF/Prostejov 2-CZE in 1997; played first WTA qualifying at Prague in 1998; played first WTA main draw at Philadelphia in 1999.
- Singles highlights were one WTA title at 2000 Bratislava (d. Oremans in final), three SFs at 2000 Tokyo [Princess Cup] (l. to S.Williams), 2002 Gold Coast (l. to Henin) and 2002 Eastbourne (l. to Rubin) and four more QFs at 2001 US Open, 2001 Moscow, 2002 Antwerp and 2002 Scottsdale.
- Best Grand Slam results were 4r at 2001 Australian Open (l. to S.Williams), QF at 2001 US Open (l. to Hingis) and 4r at 2002 US Open (l. to S.Williams).
- Had four Top 10 wins, over No.8 Tauziat (2000 Los Angeles), No.8 Seles (2001 US Open), No.6 Mauresmo (2001 Moscow) and No.8 Dokic (2002 Eastbourne).
- Spent six career weeks in Top 20 between July 8 and August 18, 2002 (spent one week at career-high No.16, week of July 29, 2002).
- Won one WTA doubles title at 2001 Bratislava (w/Bovina).
- Also won one singles title and two doubles titles on ITF Circuit.
- Last WTA event was Amelia Island in 2005 (l. to Pierce in 1r); played ITF events rest of year then announced retirement after ongoing struggles w/numerous injuries.