More on Gould...
Mother is Helene, father is Richard (was three-time All-American volleyball player); brother is Richard Andrew (played football at Harvard) ... Married Patrick Gould on January 19, 2008 (maiden name is Irvin) ... Began playing tennis at age 9 ... Was coached by Chuck Adams; previously coached by Brian Teacher ... Attended Stanford University (was named a Stanford Academic Scholar Athlete and GTE Academic All-American).
Career in Review
- Played first events of career on ITF Circuit in 1996; played first WTA event at 1998 Stanford (as WC, l. to Likhovtseva in 1r); turned pro in 2000.
- Best WTA result was SF at 2001 Hawaii (l. to Testud).
- Best Grand Slams were three 3r finishes, all at Roland Garros, in 2003 (l. to Petrova), 2004 (l. to Davenport) and 2005 (l. to Kuznetsova).
- Had one Top 10 win at 2002 Stanford (No.7 Henin) and two more Top 20 wins at 2001 Hawaii (No.19 Sánchez-Vicario) and 2002 Miami (No.13 Shaughnessy).
- Reached career-high No.51 on August 12, 2002.
- Last WTA event at 2005 US Open (l. to Nakamura in 1r - retired afterwards).