Previous Players Coached:
Danielle Collins (October 2017 – July 2018)
Coaching Career Highlights:
• Helped Danielle Collins with her breakthrough season in 2018 that saw her reach her maiden premier level semi-final at Miami. Under Hill, Collins broke into the Top 100 and then Top 50 for the first time in her career, rising from No.164 to No.39 in the World (a career-high at the time)
• Hill and Sakkari kicked off their partnership in 2018 by reaching the first final of her career at the Premier event in San Jose, their first tournament together
• Shortly thereafter, Hill helped the Greek capture her first WTA title at Rabat in April 2019, along with a semi-final run at the Premier 5 event in Rome and a quarter-final showing at Cincinnati
• Under Hill’s guidance, Sakkari recorded an impressive six Top 10 wins in 2019, as well as qualifying for a spot at the WTA Elite Trophy event in Zhuhai
• The Greek has risen thirty places from No.50 to a career-high ranking of No.20 in the World since bringing Hill on board in 2018
Hill played professional tournaments on the Futures Tour before attending College in 2014, with a ranking of 1586 having compiled ATP points in both singles and doubles. The Brit received a scholarship to Pepperdine University in Malibu, California where he was part of the WCC All-Tournament Team in 2016 and 2017 as well as ITA National Scholar Athlete in 2017.
Began playing tennis aged 7. Moved to the U.S. from the UK when he was 10 to attend the Nick Bollettieri Tennis Academy (now IMG Academy) in Bradenton, FL. He began playing ITF Junior tournaments aged 14/15 and spent time living and training in Buenos Aires, Argentina and Barcelona before attending College at Pepperdine University in Malibu, California. During his final month at University, he was contacted by Max Eisenbud who offered him a position at IMG as a hitting partner. Hobbies include working out, playing golf and watching Birmingham City FC.