Please See All Open Opportunities Below
|Senior Coordinator, Communications|
Senior Coordinator, Communications
Location: St. Petersburg, FL or London, UK
Reports to: Sr. Manager, PR & Corporate Communications
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the daily media monitoring, analysis and distribution of coverage
- Prepare match notes and statistics for international media on a weekly and sometimes daily basis, notably in-office weeks
- Manage the distribution of Communications email newsletters and daily results emails
- Assists in the writing and distribution of announcements and press releases
- Proactive pitching responsibilities, including athlete coordination and media outreach
- Management and responsibility of building and updating targeted WTA media distribution lists
- Assist in the management of WTA and Tournament media credential systems
- Assist with planning and communication of the department’s travel schedule
- Communications support at assigned tournaments worldwide, including servicing media requests and inquiries, active local and regional pitching, player and agent outreach and the execution of WTA ACES player appearance program
- Provide tournament and event-based storylines for content development
- Assist in the preparation of ACES and Media Training presentations for internal and external use
- General department admin, including regular updating of Communications manuals, documents and templates
Education and Experience:
- University Education in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Sport Management or equivalent.
- Two to three years of previous experience in tennis, sports or entertainment, public relations/ marketing/ journalism.
- Strong experience with business software of Microsoft Office.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent verbal and written communication and public speaking skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills/team-oriented;
- Foreign language skills desirable
- Must be outstanding in ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple demands and priorities;
- Creative writing ability;
- Knowledge of media relations and practices;
- Tennis knowledge desirable;
- High level of professionalism;
- Self motivated and ability to work independently;
- Uphold WTA Core Values: Be Progressive, Collaborative, Passionate, and show Integrity. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the court, make a difference in the community and create a premier, compelling global sport entertainment experience. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
Must travel up to 50% to domestic and international destinations. Estimated travel days per year: Up to 70 days per year.
Position Type/Work Schedule:
Full Time, 40 hours a week. Typical schedule will be Monday-Friday. Some weekend work required throughout the season (January to November).
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The passage of employees through the work area is average and normal.
- The employee is required to sit for long periods; use close/distant vision; hear using the telephone; bend at the waist and knee; communicate verbally and electronically with worldwide constituency; use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.